Today cosmetic dentistry is a very popular option amongst all age groups and advancements with materials and techniques have improved drastically. The remarkable longevity and accuracy of improved implant dentistry have led to a significant rise in the number of such surgeries worldwide. India has also seen tremendous progress in the field of dentistry in recent years.
Full jaw Dental Implants are the most exciting and advanced technique in dentistry. Once placed, a dental implant feels just like having a normal tooth. Dental implants surgery involves drilling into your gums and implanting an artificial base/root made of titanium into your jawbone. The implant thus provides strong support for a permanent artificial tooth or teeth.
Several techniques are available for implant placement. Immediate load implants, also called same-day implants, are very popular as they enable a quick tooth replacement after only one surgery. With the help of this advancing technique of restorative dentistry, waiting until the extraction site heals is no longer necessary.
Recently the growth in the dental implant market of India has been spurred by rising demand by users for more sophisticated treatments, natural-looking products i.e. tooth-colored crowns, etc. Dental implants hold the major share i.e. 20.12% of India’s dental service market with success rates of implant surgery above 95%. Upcoming revolutionary techniques such as immediate dental implants, sedative surgery, guided surgery, etc. along with painless treatment solutions are driving the dental service market at a higher rate.
Let’s know from an expert about Full Jaw Dental Implant Surgery
Table of Contents
- Let’s start from the basics: What is Dental Implant Surgery?
- What to Expect from Dental Implant Surgery?
- What is Sedation Dentistry? How does it work?
- What is Guided Dental Implant Surgery?
- How much does Full Jaw Dental Implant Surgery cost in Delhi?
1. Let’s start from the basics: What is Dental Implant Surgery?
A dental implant is an artificial replacement for natural tooth roots made of materials that are compatible with the human body, such as titanium. These implants are bio-compatible and your bone actually grows around it and holds it in place. Once placed inside your jawbone and gum tissue, they provide a stable base for artificial replacement teeth.
What is the purpose of Dental Implant Surgery?
Dental implants are the most natural-looking restoration option and are ideal for replacing missing or badly diseased teeth. They can be used to replace a single tooth or several teeth or to support partial or full dentures. Most patients find dental implants as secure, stable and a good replacement for their missing tooth. They are an excellent long-term option for restoring your smile.
2. What to Expect from Dental Implant Surgery?
If you are considering implant surgery you might be wondering how dental implants will change your daily life and what to expect after your procedure in terms of recovery.
For most patients, the placement of dental implants involves two surgical procedures:
- Placing implants inside your jawbone.
Placing artificial teeth on top of the implant.
- In the first step, your dentist will discuss with you the options, risk factors and check your suitability for implants.
- During the procedure, you will be put under local anesthetic and once the anesthesia kicks in, the dental surgeon will make an incision on your gums. He/she will then fit base/implant in your jawbone using a screw.
- Once the implant is fitted to your gums, your tissue will start to heal and your jawbone will fuse with the implant to create a strong foundation for your replacement tooth.
- Conventionally, there will be a waiting period of 4-12 weeks until your tissues are healed and ready for placement. Then in the next step, the dentist will place the artificial tooth on the implant.
- With recent advancement in technique, you can receive immediate dental implants during the same appointment as your dental implant placement. This immediate implant placement presents more advantages as compared to delayed implant insertion in terms of reduced overall treatment time, better aesthetics and beneficial for patient’s financial as well as psychological condition.
- In this final procedure, your dentist will fit a crown on top to give you your brand new tooth. As for the crown, you can choose which type of artificial teeth you want.
- The conventional delayed process takes a total of four to nine months, depending on your gum condition, the healing process, etc. Your dental professional will work with you to determine the best treatment plan.
- What to expect from surgery and precautions to be taken post-surgery.
- Mild pain and discomfort are temporary and common effects. Most patients experience mild pain post-surgery. Your dentist will prescribe pain relievers for that. In the first 24-48 hours, you may experience swelling that will soon subside. Slight bleeding at the site is also normal.
- After the treatment, it will be your responsibility to practice good oral hygiene every day for the optimum health of your implants. You need to care for dental implants the same as you would your natural teeth with brushing, flossing, mouthwash, and regular dental check-ups.
3. What is Sedation Dentistry? How does it work?
Some patients feel more anxious than others when it comes to dental surgery. Sedation dentistry uses various techniques, ranging from general anesthesia, nitrous oxide, IV to oral pills that can help people manage their dental anxiety and can change their experience. With the help of sedation dentistry, you will be relaxed throughout the process.
Conscious sedation dentistry is the procedure whereby sedatives are administered to help you relax but you remain awake during your dental treatment.
Brief about the procedure
- IV sedation is a pretty safe and efficient type wherein sedatives are delivered through an injection into the blood vessels.
- On the day of your dental procedure, the dentist will put in the IV line and administer sedation. An anesthetic cream can also be used beforehand on your skin to reduce the sensation of the line being put in.
- If you choose general anesthesia, you will be asleep for the entire procedure.
- In the inhalation approach, no needle option, you will receive inhalation gas (nitrous oxide) through a mask along with oxygen to sedate you.
Nowadays oral sedation is more appealing to patients than IV because of the comfort and ease of application.
How long does its effect last?
The duration period will depend upon the type of drug administered. Typically, sedation medicine may last from 2-6 hours. After that, you may feel light-headed for the next few hours. After 24 hours you will be fully ready to get back to your routine work.
- Is this process safe?
Dental Sedation is very safe and fit for most of the patients. Type of administrations, however, differs as per each patient’s age group, medicinal history, etc. For example, IV sedation is an excellent option for adults but not recommended for children. Also to avoid any complications, it is essential you find a qualified professional who is familiar with the process.
4. What is Guided Dental Implant Surgery?
Computer-guided dental implant surgery is a new and exciting field of dental surgery. Herein, the dentist uses a computer-aided imaging system to guide while placing dental implants. This newly improved surgery technique gives dentists the opportunity to make dental implant placement more accurate, efficient, and therefore safer for the patient.
What is the procedure?
During the procedure, your dentist will use the planning software for replacing missing teeth and transfer that plan into the 3D image of the jaw. This gives him/her a clearer picture of the placement position. From this digital plan, he/she fabricates a guide that allows him to place the implant with extreme efficiency and accuracy. Flapless surgery is a significant type of surgery performed without opening the gum. Patients experience less pain with guided surgery as it is quicker and less traumatic.
How does it work?
When placing a dental implant, it is very important that the implant is placed in its proper position. Guided surgery is all about placing a successful implant. These surgeries ensure that the implant is accurately placed and risk improper placement, causing bone loss or nerve damage, rejection of an implant is avoided.
Cost depends upon the number of factors such as type of implant, no. of missing teeth, etc. If a patient needs one implant, the cost is much less than what is required for several implants. Even though guided dental implant surgeries are expensive, the latest technologies in dentistry have made such advanced dental treatments more affordable to all.
5. How much does Full Jaw Dental Implant Surgery cost in Delhi?
- The cost of full jaw implants purely depends on a type of implants, the patient’s bone condition, the brand of the implant, etc.
- Typically a single tooth implant costs between Rs. 35,000 to Rs. 45,000 depending on the brands & types of implants used. The overall cost of a full mouth dental implant could vary from Rs. 2.5 Lakhs to Rs. 6 Lakhs.
- Why choose Orion Dental Care Centre and tailor-made plan offered by them
- Orion Orthodontic and Dental Care Centre is a multi-specialty “dental clinic in Greater Kailash-1“, a prime locality in the South Zone of New Delhi.
- The dentist in Orion, Dr. Anupam Sinha offers a one-stop solution to all oral & dental health problems for our patients.
With their expert team, they provide the most flexible dental treatment as per your comfort and convenience. They offer affordable and custom-designed treatment plans specific to your needs.