Teeth Cleaning, Whitening, Bleaching in Delhi
WHAT IS TOOTH WHITENING / BLEACHING?
Teeth Whitening refers to the process of bleaching your teeth for making them appear whiter and help get rid of yellow stains. This procedure can either be done at home using natural or chemical treatment or by best bleaching dentist. This is a purely cosmetic procedure, available in Orion Orthodontic & Dental Care Centre both in the clinic as well as home bleach procedures.
WHAT ARE THE CAUSES OF YELLOW AND DISCOLOURED TEETH?
Some of the factors that can lead to yellowing of the teeth or their discoloration are:
1. Smoking can leave unsightly brown stains due to the by-products of tar and nicotine.
2. Beverages like tea and coffee also lead to yellowing of teeth over time.
3. Heredity plays a major role in determining the color of the teeth. Â
4. Wearing braces for longer periods of time can lead to enamel discoloration.
WHAT ARE THE METHODS TO WHITEN TEETH?
Individuals have the option of using teeth whitening(laser teeth whitening) toothpaste, at-home bleaching methods or in-office bleaching methods.
1. Whitening toothpaste helps in the removal of stains from the surface of enamel with the help of a mild abrasive; that does not change the color of the enamel. Whitening toothpaste contains a certain chemical that gives extra stain removal. Peroxide is amongst the most popular bleaching substances used. peroxide is generally found at most to have a strength of 10% in over-the-counter formulas.
2. Another option that can be used at home is the bleaching gels mouth guards or trays. A tray (foam type) is filled with the peroxide gel, which is put over the upper or lower teeth, and kept like that for a certain amount of time; usually overnight or two times in a day, for 1-2 weeks. This method is effective only in the removal of stains. Enamel color does not change with this method. Seldom soft gum tissue gets irritated by using this method. A tray that is custom fit, received from a dental practitioner, will diminish this adverse effect.
3. In-clinic teeth whitening include a similar method, which uses the peroxide gel having a much stronger concentration of peroxide. This gel comprises 16% or more of peroxide. This uniquely formulated gel bleaches the enamel from the inside out. A protective gel is applied prior to the application of bleaching agent into the gum tissue for protecting against irritation. After this, the bleaching agent is applied to the teeth. A special light can enhance the chemicals in the bleaching formula. This procedure takes around 30 minutes to 1 hour. More than one visit might be needed for whitening the upper as well as lower teeth. Dentists suggest that in certain cases the color of the enamel may not change significantly if teeth are quite darkened.
ARE THERE ANY SIDE EFFECTS DUE TO TEETH WHITENING?
Teethâ€™s sensitivity to air and extreme temperature changes is one of the most common side effects of this procedure. During the process of whitening, pores of the enamel open, allowing these changes to enter and cause pain. Saliva comprises of minerals that help in the healing process by closing pores to fill them, however, this can be a time-consuming process.