Do you have discolored, chipped, or broken front teeth, making you feel conscious about your smile? Here’s some good news for you. Dental veneers will help you restore your lost smile. They are thin custom-made shells that the dentists fit over your front teeth to enhance your tooth’s appearance and protect them from damage, thus creating a beautiful smile. These are tooth-colored, which bond to your teeth and alter the length, shape, size, and color. There are various types of veneers made from diverse materials, each having its pros and cons. Therefore, you must discuss and understand with your dentist about the best one for you.
We will walk you through the basic information about dental veneers, their uses, types, and the cost of Veneers in India, which may help you make an informed decision.
Feel free to skip ahead if one topic catches your eye:
- What do Dental Veneers do?
- Procedure of Dental Veneers.
- Different types of Dental Veneers and their cost
- Results and Recovery
1. What do Dental Veneers do?
Getting dental veneers is an elective procedure to fix issues like
- Discolored teeth: due to:
o Excess tea/ coffee/ smoking.
o Staining from drugs like Tetracycline.
o RCT/Resin fillings etc.
The dentist will match the color of the veneers for your discolored teeth with the color of the rest of your teeth to give them a natural look.
- Teeth that are chipped, cracked, or broken: can restore to healthy-looking and beautiful ones.
- Worn down teeth: Can be repaired.
- Misaligned, uneven/pointed teeth: Bulges or craters between the teeth can be corrected.
- If some teeth are too small: Veneers can make them look similar to your other teeth.
- Teeth with too much gap in between: Veneers help reduce/ close this gap.
2. What is the procedure of Dental Veneers in Delhi?
The complete procedure for receiving a dental veneer requires at least three dental visits. You can have veneers on one/many teeth at the same time.
- Consultation for diagnosis and treatment Planning:
o Discuss your needs and what you wish to achieve with your dentist.
o They will assess your teeth to see if veneers can be put in and explain the details.
o They might take X-rays and impressions of your teeth for a more detailed examination.
- Preparation of teeth for veneers:
o The dentist will trim some amount of your tooth surface.
o They will anesthetize the area if needed.
o Dentist will take an impression of your prepared teeth to make a model and send it to the dental laboratory for veneer preparation.
o Veneers will be prepared, usually in 2- 3 weeks in the lab. Meanwhile, the dentist may give temporary veneers.
o The dentist will place the prepared veneer into your mouth to check the fit and color.
o They will repeatedly trim and recheck it until you get a perfect fit.
o Your tooth will now be cleaned, polished, and etched (Applying some chemicals to roughen the tooth surface for enhanced bonding).
o A special cement will be applied to your tooth, properly positioned, and finally fixed by hardening the cement through a special light gun.
o The dentist will then remove the excess cement and make necessary adjustments.
o At the follow-up visit, they will check the placement of the veneer and the condition of your gums.
3. What are the different types of Teeth Veneers and their cost?
There are 5 types of dental veneers. They differ in the material, their uses, and cost in India. Depending upon your need, you and your dentist may choose accordingly.
|Type of Veneers||Made of?||Advantages||Disadvantages||Veneers price in Delhi NCR (INR)|
|Porcelain||Made of ceramic material and is the most common.||Tooth-colored and most aesthetic.Strongest and most durable. (10-15 years)Most biocompatible.Most stain-resistant.||Is expensive.When it breaks, the entire veneer needs replacement.More tooth preparation is needed.||8000-15000|
|Composite||Made of composite resin.||Needs less tooth preparation.Less costly than Porcelain.Direct composite veneers can be put without any tooth preparation.When they chip, only the chipped part can be repaired.||Less stain resistant.Less durable(5-7 years)||3000-8000|
|Lumineers||Extremely thin Porcelain laminates.||Requires minimal toothpreparation.||More prone to fracture.||Similar to Porcelain veneers.|
|Palatal Veneers||Made with porcelain/ composite material.||Can be put on only the chipped or damaged part.Minimally invasive.||Less strong.Less durable.||Depends on the material used to make it. (Porcelain/ Composite)|
Fits instantly in the mouth. Made in a dental lab.
|Very quick and instant.No tooth preparation is required.Are less expensive.||Does not look natural.Not recommended for daily/long-term use.Prone to plaque buildup.Easily breakable.||They are much cheaper.|
4. Results and Recovery.
There is practically no recovery time for teeth veneers. You can eat/drink anything after they are fixed. In some cases, immediately after veneer application, you may find them a little rough, which will resolve itself in some days by normal eating/brushing. Otherwise, the dentist will smoothen it.
Results: Veneers will:
- Straighten your uneven teeth.
- Brighten your discolored teeth.
- Fill in the gaps between the teeth.
- Repair your fractured/chipped-off tooth structures.
- Match the size of your smaller teeth with the surrounding ones.
Some precautions to increase the lifespan of your veneers are:
- Maintain good oral hygiene (Proper brushing, flossing, and rinsing).
- Regularly visit your dentist.
- Avoid biting on hard foods/ nails.
- Don’t grind on your teeth or use a mouthguard.
- Avoid too many foods causing staining, like tea/ coffee and smoking.
1. Are there any risks of Teeth Veneers?
Usually, there are no risks associated with dental veneers. Still, some possible risks can be
- Tooth sensitivity: Tooth preparation for putting veneers might cause tooth sensitivity, especially with hot and cold. It will resolve once dental veneers are fitted on them. Sometimes, the dentist may give you, temporary veneers if there is severe sensitivity,
- Debonding: Although rare, sometimes veneers de-bond and fall off and will need to be re-cemented.
- Formation of Black Triangles: As the gums shrink with age, the margins of the veneered teeth become visible as a gap giving it a black triangle look. The dentist may redo it.
2. Are there any contradictions with dental veneers?
- Insufficient tooth structure.
- Severe tooth malpositioning.
- Severe gum disease.
- Teeth with large fillings.
3. Are dental veneers reversible?
This depends on the type of dental veneer you choose. Those requiring tooth preparation are irreversible, while those in which no tooth preparation has been done are reversible.
At Orion dental clinic, you will receive the best treatment for dental veneers from highly skilled dentists who are committed to providing you with the highest level of dental care, integrity, and compassion with the modern and latest equipment and technology at an affordable cost.